Tweet

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Favorite Stores

The economy continues to lag, so saving money is still in vogue.  My favorite discount store is the 99 cent store, a chain found in California, Arizona, Texas, and Nevada.  If you are lucky enough to live near one, you should find my posts helpful for spotting fortuitous finds.  If you are not familiar with the chain, they have fresh produce, a freezer section, cooking utensils, and other knickknacks.  In fact, a photo of one of their stores is featured in a new museum in France!  Some of my crowning achievement findings include: Earthbound Farms 5 oz. organic baby argula and 9 oz. baby spinach, soy chorizo, kalamata olives, asparagus, raspberries, and spices galore!  I have found that the stock can vary from store to store, so I frequent four locations, each of which is within 5 miles of home.

Other stores that I frequent for deals include Food4Less, Big Lots, Fresh & Easy, and Trader Joe's.  I also go to Hispanic, Asian and Indian supermarkets.  On occasion for particular items, I will buy from Amazon or the mom & pop health food store downtown.  I will post deals from all of the above in case you live near any of these locations. 

Now if you don't live near any of these places, you may find useful the photos of ingredients or finished products from my cooking so that you can learn what and what not to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment