- Portobello caps
- Cremini mushrooms
- White mushrooms
- Morningstar brand quinoa Thai curry bowls (frozen, vegan)
- Bananas (49 cents a pound)
- Bag of limes
- Zucchini and yellow squash
- Bag of snow peas
- Cauliflower (huge ones!)
- Bag of sweet mini peppers
- Vegetarian spring rolls (frozen)
- Baking white chocolate (not vegan)
- Canned crushed tomatoes
- ~40 oz. canned Sun Vista brand garbanzo beans
- Rice vinegar
- Heinz brand apple cider vinegar
- Clabber girl brand baking powder
- 5 lb. bag white potatoes
- 3 lb. bag red potatoes
- Dried split green peas
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Here are what veggie-licious goodies found in late Oct. 2016 at the 99 cent store:
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Feel like baking? How about some vegan tacos? Check out these Oakland 99 Cent Store Veg*n Deals this week:
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- red pepper flakes
- fresh tomatoes
- baking soda, baking powder
- Ortega brand whole wheat taco shells
- Kelloggs NutriGrain strawberry bars (contains milk)
- Westsoy vanilla soy milk boxes
- Tapatio hot sauce 10 oz.
- Betty Crocker watermelon, candy corn, and mint chocolate flavored 16 oz. frosting (may contain milk ingredients)
- almond extract (artificial)
- graham cracker crumb crust
- 16 oz. canned baby corn
- Craisins dried cranberries
- Dried lentils, black beans, split peas
Sunday, June 8, 2014
How about some Dollar Store Vegan Desserts?
Sugar and unsweetened baking squares from Oakland 99 cent store.
Mrs. Smith's pie crush, lemons, cornstarch, soy milk, sugar all available at Oakland 99 cent store.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
What Can You Make from Dollar Store Vegan Deals?
Italian 'messy rice': Portobello mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms (both from 99c store); vegan 'chicken' strips (Trader Joe's) and rice; spices from 99c store
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Dollar Store Deals 11/11/12
Visit the Oakland 99 cent store for these vegetarian deals:
- Green Giant portobello mushroom caps 5 oz.
- Green Giant sliced baby bella mushrooms 5 oz.
- Yellow squash 2-3 in plastic wrap
- Fingerling potatoes 1 lb.
- Red potatoes 3 lb.
- Russet potatoes 5 lb.
- Kiwis, ~8 per bag
- Buttnernut squash
- Baby spinach
- Betty Crocker cupcake sprinkles "sea" themed
- Canned pumpkin 15 oz.
- Pasta sauce 28 oz.
- Garbanzo beans 15 oz. SW brand
- Carrots 2 lb. bag
- Asparagus bundle
- White wine vinegar
- Graham cracker crust
- Baking powder Clabber Girl brand
- Lentils, split peas, brown rice, black beans, Great Northern beans $1/bag
|Carrots and split peas|
- Swiss and red chard $1/bunch
- Arugula $1 small bunch
- Dino kale $1 bunch
- White squash $0.50/lb.
- Butternut squash 80 cents/lb.
- Sugar pumpkin 80 cent/lb.
- Loose basil leaves $1.50 small bag
- Potted basil $4
|Orzo with basil and sun dried tomatoes|
- Puff pastry 2 sheets $3.99
- Phyllo dough $2.99
- Vegan meatballs $3.99
- Chicken-less and beef-less strips $2.99 each
- Crispy vegan chicken tenders $2.99
- Vegan burgers 4 patties Morningstar brand $3.79
- Tofurky sundried Italian vegan sausages $2.99
- Sundried tomatoes canned in oil ~$3.30
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Dollar store ingredients:
Dollar store ingredients:
- kidney beans 15 oz. can (also at Foodsco for <$1)
- pinto beans 15 oz. can (when on sale at Foodsco, 30 oz.+ for $1)
- hominy 30+ oz. can
- canned corn (when on sale at Foodsco, can get as low as 33-50 cents/can)
- canned dice green chilis
- 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- taco mix
- canned jalapenos
- onion (I omitted)
- garlic (I omitted)
- tortilla chips (Granny Goose brand @ 99c store)
- vegan ground beef $2.99 at Trader Joe's
- cilantro ~$0.33/bunch at markets near 16th/Mission St.
- I omitted vegan sour cream
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Though not found at the dollar store and certainly not $1, I couldn't pass up on sharing these deals on new products spotted this weekend at Trader Joe's in Northern California:
- $2.99 8 oz. chickenless crispy tenders- beats Gardein!
- $2.99 8 oz.+ orange 'chicken' morsels
- $5.99 16 oz. extra virgin coconut oil