Tweet

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dollar Store Deals- fresh herbs, grape tomatoes

Today at the local 99c store I saw fresh 1 oz. thyme, oregano, Italian basil, sage, and rosemary for 99c each!  Basil is cheaper at Asian grocery stores ($5.99/lb.), but if you absolutely need Italian basil, this is a good deal.  These plastic fresh herb packs are usually ~$2 at other stores.

I also saw fresh green beans for 99c/lb. and grape tomatoes for 99c/pint.  Green beans can go as low as 59c/lb., but I have not seen this price lately.  Instead, green beans have been $1.50+/lb.

I sadly did not see any garbanzo beans, but I hope it is a temporary fluke.  I did see kidney, black, and pinto beans (30 oz. for 99c) and Hunt's diced tomatoes (28 oz. for 99c).

For vegetarian bakers out there, I saw Valentine's sprinkles by Cake Mate as well as a peppermint candy grinder (includes candy) for 99c each.

A lot of recipes from Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook and Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes call for these fresh herbs, so time to stock up and experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment